By accessing the web site at legalrobot.com or the Legal Robot mobile application (collectively, the “Site”), you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms of Service (the “Terms”), all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of the Terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law.
Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on the Site for transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, including licensing, selling, renting, leasing, transferring, assigning, distributing, hosting or otherwise commercially exploiting the materials;
- publicly display (commercial or non-commercial) the materials;
- attempt to disassemble, decompile, make derivative works of, or reverse engineer any code, software, or processes provided by Legal Robot;
- access the materials in order to build a similar or competitive website, product, or service;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Legal Robot, Inc. at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
The materials on Legal Robot, Inc.’s web site are provided “as is”. Legal Robot, Inc. makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, Legal Robot, Inc. does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
Software ≠ Attorney
Legal Robot, Inc. (“Legal Robot”) provides information and software only. The Legal Robot product and services are statistical analysis tools, not a replacement for a licensed attorney. The content, analysis, and suggestions provided by the Legal Robot product are not legal advice. The materials contained on this website are for informational purposes only and do not constitute attorney advertising, solicitation or legal advice.
Not your attorney
For any legal matters, you should seek legal counsel from a licensed attorney in your state or province; do not rely on Legal Robot for legal advice. Neither Legal Robot, its employees, nor its agents are representing you or acting as your attorney. Your use of this site, access to or transmission of such materials and information is not intended to create, and receipt thereof does not constitute formation of, an attorney-client relationship between Legal Robot, its employees, nor its agents. Therefore, we cannot provide important protections for you, like attorney-client privilege. In any legal document you analyze through this site, you are representing yourself. We cannot provide any kind of advice, and the information provided is not customized to your particular needs.
Get legal help for your situation
The information and statistical analyses that Legal Robot provides are general in nature and may not reflect the most current legal developments, nor for your particular jurisdiction or situation. At no time does Legal Robot review your specific circumstances, draw legal conclusions, provide legal advice, opinions or recommendations about your legal rights, remedies, defenses, options, selection of legal documents, or strategies, or apply the law to the facts of your particular situation. Accordingly, information is not promised or guaranteed to be correct or complete. Legal Robot expressly disclaims all liability in respect to any actions taken or not taken based on any or all of the contents of this website. Use of this website and any information contained within is done so at your own risk.
In no event shall Legal Robot, Inc. or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Legal Robot, Inc.’s Internet site, even if Legal Robot, Inc. or a Legal Robot, Inc. authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
Legal Robot reserves the right, at any time, to modify, suspend, or discontinue the Site (in whole or in part) with or without notice to you. You agree that Legal Robot will not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension, or discontinuation of the Site or any part thereof.
No Support or Maintenance
You acknowledge and agree that Legal Robot will have no obligation under this agreement to provide you with any support or maintenance in connection with the Site.
Excluding any User Content that you may provide (defined below), you acknowledge that all the intellectual property rights, including copyrights, patents, trade marks, and trade secrets, in the Site and its content are owned by Legal Robot or Legal Robot’s suppliers. Neither these Terms (nor your access to the Site) transfers to you or any third party any rights, title or interest in or to such intellectual property rights, except for the limited access rights expressly set forth in the Use License. Legal Robot and its suppliers reserve all rights not granted in these Terms. There are no implied licenses granted under these Terms.
“User Content” means any and all information and content that a user submits to, or uses with, the Site (e.g., content in the user’s profile, comments, uploaded or emailed documents). Legal Robot does not claim ownership of your User Content. You are solely responsible for your User Content. You assume all risks associated with use of your User Content, including any reliance on its accuracy, completeness or usefulness by others, or any disclosure of your User Content that personally identifies you or any third party. You hereby represent and warrant that your User Content does not violate our Acceptable Use Policy (defined below). You may not represent or imply to others that your User Content is in any way provided, sponsored or endorsed by Legal Robot. Because you alone are responsible for your User Content, you may expose yourself to liability if, for example, your User Content violates the Acceptable Use Policy. Legal Robot is not obligated to backup any User Content, and your User Content may be deleted for any reason, at any time, without prior notice. You are solely responsible for creating and maintaining your own backup copies of your User Content if you desire.
License to Legal Robot
You hereby grant (and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant) to Legal Robot an irrevocable, nonexclusive, royalty-free and fully paid, worldwide license to reproduce, distribute, publicly display and perform, prepare derivative works of, incorporate into other works, and otherwise use and exploit your public User Content, and to grant sublicenses of the foregoing rights, solely for the purposes of including your User Content in the Site. You hereby irrevocably waive (and agree to cause to be waived) any claims and assertions of moral rights or attribution with respect to your User Content.
You also grant to Legal Robot the revocable right to use your Company Name and Logos in case studies, promotional materials, or other write-ups. You may request that Legal Robot remove your Company Name and Logos from digital materials and stop producing new physical materials with your Company Name and Logos by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Legal Robot may continue to use your Company Name and Logos on physical materials produced prior to your request.
- You agree not to use the Site to collect, upload, transmit, display, or distribute any User Content (i) that violates any third-party right, including any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, moral right, privacy right, right of publicity, or any other intellectual property or proprietary right; (ii) that is unlawful, harassing, abusive, tortious, threatening, harmful, invasive of another’s privacy, vulgar, defamatory, false, intentionally misleading, trade libelous, pornographic, obscene, patently offensive, promotes racism, bigotry, hatred, or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual or is otherwise objectionable; (iii) that is harmful to minors in any way; or (iv) that is in violation of any law, regulation, or obligations or restrictions imposed by any third party.
- In addition, you agree not to: (i) upload, transmit, or distribute to or through the Site any computer viruses, worms, or any software intended to damage or alter a computer system or data; (ii) send through the Site unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or any other form of duplicative or unsolicited messages, whether commercial or otherwise; (iii) use the Site to harvest, collect, gather or assemble information or data regarding other users, including e-mail addresses, without their consent; (iv) interfere with, disrupt, or create an undue burden on servers or networks connected to the Site, or violate the regulations, policies or procedures of such networks; (v) attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Site (or to other computer systems or networks connected to or used together with the Site), whether through password mining or any other means; (vi) harass or interfere with any other user’s use and enjoyment of the Site; or (vi) use software or automated agents or scripts to produce multiple accounts on the Site, or to generate automated searches, requests, or queries to (or to strip, scrape, or mine data from) the Site (provided, however, that we conditionally grant to the operators of public search engines revocable permission to use spiders to copy materials from the Site for the sole purpose of and solely to the extent necessary for creating publicly available searchable indices of the materials, but not caches or archives of such materials, subject to the parameters set forth in our robots.txt file).
- Without limiting the foregoing, you agree to abide by the literal interpretation as well as the spirit of the Code of Conduct in all interactions and communications with other users.
Legal Robot respects the intellectual property of others and asks that users of our Site do the same. If you believe that one of our users is infringing the copyright of your work, please submit the following information in the form of a written notification (pursuant to 17 U.S.C. § 512(c)) to our designated Copyright Agent:
- your physical or electronic signature;
- identification of the copyrighted work(s) that you claim to have been infringed;
- identification of the material on our services that you claim is infringing and that you request us to remove;
- sufficient information to permit us to locate such material;
- your address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
- a statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the objectionable material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or under the law; and
- a statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are either the owner of the copyright that has allegedly been infringed or that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
Please note that, pursuant to 17 U.S.C. § 512(f), any misrepresentation of material fact (falsities) in a written notification automatically subjects the complaining party to liability for any damages, costs and attorney’s fees incurred by us in connection with the written notification and allegation of copyright infringement.
The designated Copyright Agent for Legal Robot is:
Designated Agent: Daniel Rubins
Email: email@example.com (suggested method)
Address of Agent:
Legal Robot, Inc.
548 Market Street #28970
San Francisco, California 94104
Legal Robot, Inc. has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Legal Robot, Inc. of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user’s own risk.
You agree to indemnify and hold Legal Robot (and its officers, employees, and agents) harmless, including costs and attorneys’ fees, from any claim or demand made by any third party due to or arising out of (a) your use of the Site, (b) your violation of these Terms, (c) your violation of applicable laws or regulations or (d) your User Content. Legal Robot reserves the right, at your expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter for which you are required to indemnify us, and you agree to cooperate with our defense of these claims. You agree not to settle any matter without the prior written consent of Legal Robot. Legal Robot will use reasonable efforts to notify you of any such claim, action or proceeding upon becoming aware of it.
Limitation on Liability
To the maximum extent permitted by law, our liability to you for any damages arising from or related to this agreement will at all times be limited to a maximum of Fifty US Dollars (US $50). The existence of more than one claim will not enlarge this limit. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
The Site may be subject to U.S. export control laws and may be subject to export or import regulations in other countries. You agree not to export, reexport, or transfer, directly or indirectly, any U.S. technical data acquired from Legal Robot, or any products utilizing such data, in violation of the United States export laws or regulations.
Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on Legal Robot, Inc.’s web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Legal Robot, Inc. does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. Legal Robot, Inc. may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. Legal Robot, Inc. does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
Any claim relating to Legal Robot, Inc.’s web site shall be governed by the laws of California without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or our address is below:
Legal Robot, Inc.
548 Market Street #28970
San Francisco, California 94104
Changes to these Terms of Service
Legal Robot, Inc. will likely revise these terms of service in the future and may do so at any time without advance notice. When we make changes, we will change the date on this page. We will also maintain a history of the changes to this policy at the bottom of this page. From your user profile page, you may elect to receive an email when we update this or other legal documents. By using this web site you are agreeing to be bound by the then current version of these Terms of Service.
- 2017-01-01 More detailed copyright/trademark notice
- 2016-04-28 Include comments in "User Content" examples. Clarify that Legal Robot cannot use private content. Add revocable name/logo grant.
- 2016-04-05 Remove needlessly complex language and consolidate with previously separate legal disclaimer. Remove onerous Mandatory Binding Arbitration language.
- 2015-10-07 First published